Monday 18 March 2013

Aviator watch

I took a punt on a bargain basement aviator watch that I saw online from the German company Westfalia tools. I thought it would provide a cheap base for my planned WW2 style watch that I mentioned previously.

Anyway, it turned up and it's great! It feels a lot more expensive than it's £19.99 price-tag. It is a big 47mm in diameter and has a nice 'onion' crown (the winder). The hands and the numbers are lumed and glow nicely when they've been exposed to light and it has a basic Quartz movement (ie battery powered)  I know it's cheap, but this way I don't mind if I mess up my attempt to age it. Well that's not true...I like it so much, I just ordered another one in case I do just that and make a mess of it, but actually I think it's going to be a good foundation for my little project....




No comments:

Post a Comment