Monday 29 April 2013

Primark Jacket

We took a trip to the new Primark store at the MK1 shopping park at Milton Keynes on Saturday. It's situated next to the MK Dons football stadium, which is next to the huge Asda / Walmart store, which is next to Ikea. This new development houses Primark, River Island, New Look, Outfit/BHS, Next and M&S. Parking is free, but I would advise getting there early as the queues can get quite long as there is only one way in and out and this looks to be a bit of a bottleneck. The place looks to be very popular, as the 600 spaces were soon filled and after lunch drivers were prowling the car park hunting for any elusive empty ones.

I can't really tell you much about the other stores as we only went in Primark (and the BHS cafe which doesn't serve hot childrens' meals, much to our chip-loving 2 year-old's disappointment!) The Primark store was pretty big. I don't think it is quite as big as the Oxford store, but it seemed to have more in it if that makes sense? It was much more like an upmarket store with its nice lighting and dark ceilings and walls (as opposed to the big white room full of stuff that some of their stores feel like) and basically, if you like Primark you won't be disappointed by it. Just get there early!

So what did I buy there? Well, I have been hankering after a simple utility style jacket / blazer ever since I saw a guy wearing one on a blog a few months ago. I can't seem to find it now, but if I do I will upload it!

His jacket was one worn by French railway workers and was it so effortlessly simple and plain that it inspired me to find one similar. I recently came across this really nice one by Saint James, but I as lovely as it is, I didn't really want to spend £109 on it. :( Then I saw a really nice one in Gap for £30 in the sale, but they didn't have my size (only S / M left). Then we went to Primark and I found this:


It's a toffee colour and is made of a soft canvas-like material. It's very simple with its three pockets and has a contrasting 'denim' lining on the shoulders (the rest is unlined) It's pretty much just what I wanted, and best of all it cost just £20. Just the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment